On Wednesday, April 15, 2020, Judge Mary Kovack of the Medina County, Ohio, Domestic Relations Court issued an updated Order regarding the court’s procedures during the COVID-19 pandemic. You can download the order by clicking here.
The content of the Order is as follows:
IN THE COURT OF COMMON PLEAS
DOMESTIC RELATIONS DIVISION
MEDINA COUNTY, OHIO
IN RE: COVID-19 ORDER AS OF APRIL 14, 2020
FILED 2020 APR 15TH 3:03
This Order is intended to outline practices that have evolved to address the pandemic and Court’s services as well as to implement additional procedures. This shall take immediate effect and be in place until further order of the Court:
- All hearings will begin via teleconference using the GoToMeeting app or calling in using the numbers and pins on the Notice of Hearing and available on the Court’s website. Evidentiary hearings or hearings on the record will proceed via videoconference as if live following the teleconference. All such hearings will be recorded. Any witness, party or attorney may attend in person with leave of Court.
- The only exception for in person bearings will be for walk-in emergencies and ex parte civil protection orders.
- For final evidentiary hearings, all documentary exhibits shall be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by the earliest of the final pretrial or seven days prior to trial. The exhibits shall be in an electronic folder with the case caption, number and trial date.Plaintiff’s exhibits shall be marked using letters and Defendant’s using numbers. Failure to follow this rule may result in exclusion.
- For all other hearings, documents will be scanned and emailed prior to hearing or, if necessary by taking a screen shot and sharing.
- All filings with the Clerk of Court or submissions to the Court’s confidential files shall be via United States mail or via facsimile transfer to 330-764-8794. Filing fees shall be paid to the Clerk of Court by credit card over the phone. All faxed filings shall be followed up with hard copies via U.S. mail.
- In person filings shall be limited to ex parte petitions for civil protection orders and emergency motions.
- Agreed Entries may be faxed to 330-764-8794, emailed to email@example.com or mailed via U.S. Mail. For faxed or emailed documents, hard copies shall follow via U.S. Mail with Instructions.
- Use of the Attorney boxes is hereby suspended and all documents will be mailed.
- IT IS SO ORDERED.